IOSH Managing Safely
Give managers and supervisors the knowledge and skills they need to manage health and safety within their teams.
Upon successful completion of the course and assessment, students are awarded a Managing Safely certificate from IOSH – the world’s largest health and safety membership organisation.
Bulk discounts apply for e-learning. Contact us to find out more. Live Online learning now available.
"The course really was excellent. I have given it a glowing recommendation to our directors who plan to use it for the other managers in the company"
Why choose the British Safety Council?
We are one of the world’s leading health and safety organisations
Our tutors are experts in health and safety and are excellent teachers
Learning is student-centred and interactive
Study skills and examination techniques are embedded throughout
Pass rates are consistently above the national average
What's in it for me?
- Gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to manage health and safety within your team
- Be awarded a Managing Safely certificate from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), the world’s largest health and safety membership organisation
- This certificate offers a distinct advantage to anyone holding or seeking a managerial or supervisory position.
If you have any questions about our IOSH training courses, please visit our FAQs page.
Learning through virtual reality
Test your risk assessment skills with our new virtual reality (VR) exercise. Learn through discovery by assessing the risk of harm from a number of work activities in a virtual workplace.
VR is available online and at select venues nationwide, including our London Hammersmith training centre.
The course is arranged into seven modules
- Introducing managing safely
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Identifying hazards
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance.
Assessment depends on how you choose to study.
Classroom - There is an end-of-course assessment made up of 30 multi-format questions. There’s also a work-based risk assessment task to be completed within two weeks of the end of the course.
Online - You can start studying immediately. When the interactive exercises are completed you can start the assessment and risk assessment task. This must be completed within five months of registration.
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the key reasons to manage health and safety in the workplace
- Define the key terms relating to health and safety
- Identify how the law can have an impact on health and safety in the workplace
- Describe how to assess, reduce and control risk in the workplace
- Identify workplace hazards and risks, assess their impact and how to manage them
- Identify how to evaluate and respond to an incident
- List the characteristics and benefits of an effective health and safety management system
- Describe the principles that underpin good health and safety performance.
How can I study?
We recognise that everyone is different, which is why we offer a choice of study routes.
You can attend a course at one of our training centres, have the course delivered in your workplace, or start studying immediately by taking the course online.
Online - instant access
If you want to start studying straight away, in your own time, wherever and whenever suits you, then online training is the answer.
The structured online programme includes interactive exercises, audio narration throughout, videos, a 3D hazard spotting exercise, downloadable study text and practice assessments. You have five months to complete the course and assessments.
Start studying straight away
Study wherever and whenever suits you
Perfect for people with busy lives
Most cost-effective way to study for this qualification
Course includes comprehensive range of materials