What is it?
General and Specific consultancy services which can be tailored to suit individual client requirements.
General services include risk assessment, development of safe systems, policy and procedure development, training needs analysis and contracted dedicated consultant to support health and safety development
Specific services include asbestos management, legionella surveys, fire risk assessments, manual handling assessments, etc
We have 60 years of experience in supporting organisations as they develop, implement and maintain systems and processes that lead to excellence in health, safety and environmental management.
From working with you to develop an entirely new SHE management system, to supporting you in improving your existing arrangements, or undertaking very specific technical aspects of your operation, our experienced and expert practitioners work to your unique requirements.
Who is it for?
Organisation’s within any sector (of any size) who require either general support with their OHSMS requirements and/or specific OH&S issues.
Our consultancy services are designed for any organisation seeking expert and tailored advice and support, as they look to improve their health, safety and/or environmental management performance.
Why the services are right for your organisation
- Improved workplace standards across the business
- Improved efficiencies
- Demonstration to stakeholders and other interested parties (including regulatory bodies) of commitment toward health and safety
- Demonstration of meeting legislative requirements
- Structured route toward continual improvement
"The service and advice was constructive and helpful and has helped us to raise and improve our standards year after year. I have found British Safety Council auditors to be friendly and very easy to work with."
Why general and specific (SHE) consultancy services?
Next stepsRequest a call back
The service at a glance
- Dedicated and bespoke expert support
- Improved OH&S standards and arrangements
- Advice to ensure meeting relevant legislative requirements
How does it work?
Dependent upon nature of services required but will include review of documentation, interviews with stakeholders and operational sampling.
After discussions with your British Safety Council account manager and our technical management team, we will allocate an experienced practitioner who will be able to meet your specific requirements.
The service provided can be anything from developing a health, safety and environmental management system to addressing a specific technical issue within your business (for example permits to work systems, legionella assessments, asbestos surveys, fire risk assessment, etc.).
The consultancy service can take the form of a single visit to your premises or ongoing support and multiple visits, depending on your needs.
What your organisation will receive from the service
Provision of expert support and advice which can include:
- Risk assessments
- Action planning
- Training programmes
Why you should choose the British Safety Council
Our audit and consultancy services are internationally recognised and are the best way to ensure your health, safety and environmental management systems (and associated arrangements) are suitable for your business requirements, promote continual improvement and are effectively implemented.
As part of our own quality control processes, we ensure:
- Our audit and consultancy products are regularly reviewed to meet customer needs, expectations and sector best practice
- Consistently high standards of service are achieved through a robust quality assurance process including auditor standardisation, training and performance monitoring
- Our technical specialists serve on strategic committees for occupational health, safety and environmental standards
- We have a unique internationally recognised best practice (five star) audit process
- Industry recognition from awards such as the prestigious Sword or Globe of Honour
Introducing remote consultancy services
With effect from 1st April, we are able to provide much of our consultancy services remotely. Similar to remote auditing, we are using technology that meaning that you can have confidential and structured verbal and visual conversations with our experts whenever is convenient for you.
Our remote consultancy services can support and advise on your return to operational planning, crisis management, risk management and overall health, safety and wellbeing systems management.
If you are interested in help and advice around your health and safety systems, legal, compliance, best practice, external assurance or benchmarking, please get in touch with your account manager. Alternatively, click on the link below for more information.